Bridging Open Work Permit Canada

Immigration Consultants in Mississauga, ON

If you are currently working in Canada and you have applied for permanent residence, you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit if your work permit will expire in four months or less. This means you can keep working while we make a decision on your permanent resident application.

To qualify, you must have applied under the

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program,
  • Canadian Experience Class,
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program,
  • Provincial Nominee Program,
  • Caring for Children Class, or
  • Caring for People with High Medical Needs Class.

You must also:

  • Currently, be in Canada,
  • Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months